Who Knew Being Unplugged Could Be This Fun
We have a fun ranch teen-program, less structured than the kids’ programs (thus allowing for that much needed teen independence), and including riding, hiking, RTR Mountain Frisbee Golf and more with the teen counselor. The counselor will meet with the teens on Sunday night and they will map out their week activities together.
If teens choose to go off-ranch, day-trips include an abandoned gold mine, the Colorado Gator Farm and the amazing National Sand Dunes Monument with giant dunes that provide for lots of fun. But most of the time, they prefer to stay at the ranch, having wonderful adventures and making new friends.
Feel free to call us anytime for more info on the teen or any other of our programs—we truly understand that as parents, if your children are having fun, you will have fun and we make it a priority.
“I was happy in the midst of dangers and inconveniences.”
Over the years, I have seen people my age at Rainbow Trout Ranch arrive with a bad attitude. They are the kind of teenagers that are determined to displease their parents by being miserable. This never lasts long. The wonderful horseback riding program, the enthralling activities, and the exuberant staff are enough to make anyone, no matter how much they miss their video games, enjoy themselves. Since that first week at RTR, ten years ago, each year has been thought of differently. There is only the time at the Ranch, and the time away. Rainbow Trout Ranch has not been a vacation spot for me. It has become my home.
Old West Proverbs
- “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.”
- “Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have, or sleep all you want.”
- “A bronc rider should be light in the head and heavy in the seat.”
- “When in doubt, let your horse do the thinkin’.”
- “Poor is having to sell the horse to buy the saddle.”
- “Worry is like a rockin’ horse. It’s something to do that don’t get you nowhere.”
- “Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.”
Come Live the Adventure of the Wild West with Us